Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Megadeth - Testament - Exodus


Driving... to Scranton PA. The trip took about 3 hours. Playlist on the way to the show: Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons, Annihilator - Alice In Hell, Motorhead - Live At Hammersmith, Silent Force - Infatuator...

We thought the show would be good because it was inside what was once a Masonic Temple AND because it was a nuclear fallout shelter...

Cool little record store a block away. I didn't have a chance to really scavenge around but it seemed like a neat place. Small but a decent selection. Some of their product seemed a little over priced though

Exodus... I've never been so bored at a gig in my life before. Even though I woke up slightly for "Piranha" and for Duke's absolutely disgraceful between song banter, I would have much rather seen Lee Altus perform selected Heathen solos.

Testament...


Testament were alright, I enjoyed them to some extent... they were more interesting than Exodus at least and played a strong set with older material. I didn't hear one song off their recent album, Formation of Damnation. In general, they suffered from the same problem that I find their albums to suffer from - unbreakable mediocrity. I just think they are a pretty bland and generic thrash band at this point. If I heard "Souls of Black" in their set, maybe I would have a different opinion.


Megadeth....


What were you thinking? "She Wolf?" You'll play "She Wolf" but not "Wake Up Dead"...

Anyway, Megadeth were exactly as I expected. They played all of Rust In Peace and even though I would have liked to hear "Dawn Patrol" three more times, I was happy enough to hear "Five Magics" and "Rust In Peace... Polaris."

After the show, we spent the night at my mountain house in PA. Relaxed, took a walk by the lake, talked about random crap for a little while and then went to bed. We ate at Apple Valley restaurant for lunch the following afternoon. That's pretty much it.

No comments: