Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playlist - 03/17/10

So after having some computer problems the last few months, I am back up (mostly) with half my record collection re-imported into my computer the way I always intended it to be imported. When I get the second half in, I will post a link to my record collection for the curious to poke around, recommendations are always welcome of course. I give everything a listen at least once... usually. So, with the easy ability to pick through all the releases at my disposal, I should be back to doing playlists a bit more varied and deep and dare-say-I, out of left feild.

01. Wolf - The Black Flame - Steelwinged Savage Reaper
02. Silent Force - Infatuator - Hear Me Calling *
03. Orphaned Land - The Neverending Way Of ORwarriOR - The Path Part I: Treading Into Darkness
04. Exxplorer - Symphonies Of Steel - Exxplorer
05. Exxplorer - Symphonies Of Steel - Metal Detectors
06. Anthem - Tightrope - Black Eyed Tough
07. Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 - Under The Sun / Every Day Comes And Goes
08. Clamfight - Free Sh*t - Viking Funeral **
09. Electric Wizard - We Live - Another Perfect Day?
10. Candlemass - Chapter IV - The Ebony Throne
11. Overkill - Ironbound - Bring Me The Night
12. Aortic Regurgitation - Aortic Regurgitation - Damned To Serve
13. Speedwolf - Bark At The Poon - Death Ripper

TRILOGY - DARKTHRONE
14. Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons - These Treasures Will Never Befall You
15. Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger - En As I Dype Skogen
16. Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons - Stylized Corpse

17. Desolate One - Desecrate The Night - Desecrate The Night
18. Desolate One - Desecrate The Night - Serpent's Blood
19. Carcass - Choice Cuts - Exhume To Consume
20. Genocrush Ferox - The Sepulchre Strangulation - Death Is Just This
21. Imynvokad - Ad Ordines Descendens - By Blood Does The Beast Arise
22. Haethen - Wanderer - Wanderer ***
23. Haethen - Wanderer - The Light Bereaved ***
24. Benighted In Sodom - Dismal Ethereality: Stellar Celestial Void - Gray Flowers
25. Lordamor - Lordamor - He Eivat Elaneet Kauaa
26. Hell - Hell - Tyranno ****
27. Sunn o))) - Monoliths And Dimensions - Hunters And Gatherers (Cydonia)

Vinyl / Tape #'s: 4, 5, 6, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 21, 26
2010 Releases #'s: 3, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18 21, 24,

* I HATE the song's conclusion, it has nothing to do with anything. Still, the rest of this song is practically perfect for a hard-hitting modern heavy metal song. The song itself reminds me of Iron Savior's Coming Home.

** Awesome local band from Jersey, worth checking out. I sincerely hope these guys get a full length out soon. Luckily I grabbed a copy of their promo at a show with them and Maegashira. Seriously, catch them if you can.

*** Another great local band from southern New Jersey, not far from where Faith or Fear are actually located. Their demo is great and I'm really looking forward to hearing their next release. I expect it will be really great. The melodies on Wanderer are unique and captivating.

**** Thanks Zach!

4 comments:

Zach said...

Awesome, glad to see you liked Hell. Really good playlist overall.

Still waiting for the tape rip (Hell and Highgate), send em over if you get a chance.

Orion said...

I have a lot of trouble sending files via online for some reason. I'll try though. I don't know why the cd I made you didn't work. Next time we hang out, bring your Hard drive and ill copy them direct to that.

When do you want to record the rest of your stuff?

Orion said...

The drums sound pretty good, playing could be better but I think we both knew that. With that said, I think if we keep them subdued in the mix, it will work in our favor.

I'll let you know when I am free... I have a pretty crazy schedule now since I am recording new Arctic Flame material, doing two internships, my radio show, regular work, my blog (as best I can) and beginning work on CTZ2.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for support how I can thank you?